Is your school or non profit organization looking for fundraising event ideas? There are a variety of fun events that are easy to organize and will attract support for your group.
Here are 5 fundraising event ideas for you to consider:
1. Murder Mystery Party – A murder mystery party is a fun small gathering held in someone’s home or can be held at a banquet room of a hotel or restaurant. The Murder Mystery game takes about three hours to play, including dinner. Guests assume the roles of characters in the plot, and at the end the killer – or killers – is revealed
2. Pie and cake auction – The cooks and the sweet lovers in your group will enjoy this fun fundraiser idea! Ask for donations of cakes and pies. Label each dessert with the name of the dessert and the cook. Ask your most humorous and charismatic person to be the auctioneer who can entertain the crowd and boost the auction prices.
3. Trivia Night – Trivia nights are informal, fun, competitions where teams battle to see who has the greatest knowledge of matters trivial. General knowledge and trivial interest questions are asked by a trivia host and the winners are the team which, at the end of the night, have correctly answered the most number of questions. Funds are raised through game entry tickets, food sales, sponsorships and additional fundraisers like raffles.
4. Ice Cream Social – Just about everyone likes ice cream! Host an ice cream social event for your organization. You can charge a flat fee, price per ice cream scoop or just set out a jar and ask for donations.
5. Pizza Party – This is a twist on the usual fundraiser dinner. Decide if you would like to make this a pizza buffet, set a limit on the number of slices per person, or actually sell the pizza “by the slice.” You could also do a combination of set menu and “by the slice.”
With a little creativity your organization will come up with a great fundraising event idea that will be fun and raise money for your cause!
About the Author
Sandra Sims has been fundraising for various charities for over 10 years. She is the publisher of Step By Step Fundraising newsletter, which will help you get maximum results from your charity fundraising campaign. To get a free copy of the special report “The 5 Keys to Successful Fundraising” visit StepByStepFundraising.com