Definition of a Team: A group of people who do “collective work”, and are “mutually committed” to a common team purpose and challenging goals related to that purpose.
The key characteristics that will make any fundraiser a success are Collective Work and Mutual Commitment.
Each member holds themselves and each other jointly accountable for the team’s performance. The team will automatically think and act as an army, collectively combined and share a genuine conviction that “WE”, which is the potent concept behind every “Team”, will succeed or fail together, and that no individual can succeed while the team fails!!
- The Purpose
It is also important to clearly define the purpose of the fundraiser, as well as the goals (including the reason(s) for fundraising and the actual finacial goal). Without the purpose and goals to reach, no group will ever become a team!
The group members that make up the team need clarity on: Exitus acta probat (the results validate the deeds):
- Their own individual roles to meet their individual goals
- How each group member is required to interact with their supporters based on the fundraising product or program
- Always set a minimum requirement, and make it a standard mandatory requirement
- The team’s final goal
The questions that each administrator can ask themselves to know that this will be a success are:
- Are we all committed to a worthwhile purpose?
- Are we pursuing a very clear common goal based on that purpose?
- Are the blueprints detailed, and the plan of action in place for the team to reach our goal?
- Are each of the members individually clear on their own roles and responsibilities?
- Does everyone share the same sense of values and beliefs about we expect of each other, and how we treat and respect each other?
- “Seeing is believing” – Tools are needed that are easily accessible at all times to show the statistics on this fundraiser being successful
- Deadlines and/or due dates are required for any project
Once all of the above is clearly understood and defined by the entire team, then everything is in place to guarantee a successful fundraiser!
About the Author
eFundraising provides non-profit groups with quality products, low prices and excellent service. Visit www.efundraising.com or call 1.800.561.8388 for more information.