The most frequent advice that I give fundraisers is about how to increase the amount of money raised with a fundraiser. Many of these ideas to maximize results will apply to just about any situation. So consider adding one or all of the following techniques to your upcoming fundraising efforts.
1. Incentive Programs – Create an incentive for donors or participants to help you with your fundraising program. Here are two examples of incentive programs:
Sales Contests – prizes for volunteers who sell the most raffle tickets, have the highest sales in a product fundraiser or otherwise raise the most money with your campaign. Prizes can be anything from a gift certificate, a plaque, free tickets to an event or a trip.
Thank you gifts for donors – Provide small thank you tokens depending on the level of giving. Thank you gifts could be items such as books or DVDs or event oriented such as a cocktail party, concert or other special gathering just for donors.
2. Multiple Fundraisers – Event fundraisers should always have several ways to bring in revenue. Examples include silent auctions, raffles, advertising in programs, food, corporate sponsors, booth rental, entry fees or souvenirs.
3. Partnerships – Partnering with other organizations, businesses and individuals can help in your fundraising efforts. For example, a fundraising event may be easier to plan and have greater attendance when it is sponsored by two organizations. Creating a sponsorship or advertising program will help involve businesses and individuals and underwrite the costs of your fundraiser.
4. Donations – When planning a fundraising event get as much donated as possible, this includes food, facilities and supplies. Prizes for silent auctions, raffles, door prizes and incentives should always be donated.
5. Increase Publicity – Just like in the business world, people need to be exposed to an opportunity multiple times before “buying.” Fundraising events should increase publicity during the weeks leading up to an event using press releases, banners, advertising.
About the Author
Sandra Sims has been fundraising for various charities for over 10 years. She is the publisher of Step By Step Fundraising newsletter, which will help you get maximum results from your charity fundraising campaign. To get a free copy of the special report “The 5 Keys to Successful Fundraising” visit StepByStepFundraising.com