Ugly sweater parties are a fun, hip way to raise money. Today, we’ll tell you how to use an ugly sweater party as your next fundraiser. Just follow these simple steps.
1. Source Some Ugly Sweaters
The first thing you’ll need are some ugly sweaters. Start by clearing out your own closet. Next, ask friends to donate unwanted sweaters to your cause. Finally, take a trip to you local thrift shop. Your goal is to spend as little money as possible.
Yes, some people will have their own sweaters to wear. But you’ll want to provide sweaters to the volunteers helping you with your fundraiser. Also, your ugly sweaters are going to be the first item you use to make money!
At your party, you can invite guests to wear their own ugly sweater, or you can give them one in exchange for a donation. It’s like charging an entry fee to your party, where each guest covers the cost of admission with a donation, and gets an ugly sweater in exchange.
2. Plan the Party
Like every type of party, there are common logistics you need to take into account. Here’s a few to get you started:
– Guest List. How many people are you inviting? How many do you expect to attend? How are you inviting them?
– Venue. Are you renting a hall or event space for your ugly sweater party? Or can you host the fundraiser at someone’s house?
– Food & Drink. What food will you serve? Will this be included in the cost of entry? Will you be serving alcohol?
– Making Money At The Party. What other items or services can you monetize at your fundraiser? Will you have a 50/50? Raffle off any prizes? Or are you just taking direct “sweater donations?”
3. Promote Your Ugly Sweater Party Fundraiser
Get the word out! Tell people all about your party and why you’re having it. Don’t just promote the ugly sweaters. Use this opportunity to let everyone know about your fundraiser’s cause.
Word-of-mouth is the most effective way to get people interested in your cause and event. Invite everyone in your personal network. If you’re running a public event, consider using social media to promote the event.
Don’t forget to let people know that when they donate to your fundraiser, you will provide them with an ugly sweater at the party!
4. Have an Awesome Ugly Sweater Party!
Do everything you can to prepare for the party… and then have a great time!
Make sure you have plenty of ugly sweaters to trade for donations. Have some kind of live entertainment for people to enjoy – even if it’s just music and room to dance.
Take lots of pictures and interact with all your guests. If they have a good time, you have a better chance at getting more donations!
5. Thank Everyone Who Came & Share The Memories
After the party is over, reach out to everyone who came. Thank them for attending your party and supporting your fundraiser.
Share the photos you took during the event with guests. Post the pics on your fundraising website or social media. Show everyone how much fun was had at your ugly sweater party!